- noun a utility that allows a user to see what is contained in an image or formatted document file without having to start the program that created it
- A separate computer application which is called upon to interpret and view files and data which could otherwise not be seen by the current application. Also refers to multimedia files. For instance, a Web browser plug in utilized to display video in a format that is not currently supported. Also called external viewer.
Information & Library Science
- noun a person who looks at something
- noun an apparatus with a light box for looking at photographic slides
- noun a person who watches television
- noun someone visiting a property who is interested in buying or renting it, or who is officially inspecting it