General English


  • A device which serves to display an image corresponding to that which is being focused upon by a camera, such as a TV camera. Such a device may be optical and/or electronic. Also called finder (2).

Information & Library Science

  • noun an eyepiece in a camera which enables the photographer to see what is to be filmed

Media Studies

  • noun a device on a camera that lets the user see what is being photographed
  • noun the part of a camera through which the operator can see the framing and focus which will be recorded by the lens