- adjective used to describe a feature or device which does not actually exist but which is simulated by a computer and can be used by a user as if it did exist
- That which is not real, but is perceived as real, seemingly real, or which is otherwise simulated. Said especially of that which is computer-related or generated. For example, virtual reality, or virtual memory.
- That which is real, but appears or occurs elsewhere. Said especially of that which is computer-related. For example, a conversation between real people, each at their own location, but occurring in a chat room via a network.
- Pertaining to computer, online, and/or logical concepts. The term is frequently utilized interchangeably with related connotations of electronic, digital, logical, or online.
- adjective representative, not the real thing