- noun a person who comes to visit
- noun a bird that comes to a region regularly when migrating
- noun a person who visits a website
- A specific individual or entity which accesses a Web site, as distinguished from other such visitors. For example, a for a given period a Web site may have 100 hits, all by a single visitor, or 10 by 10 unique visitors, and so on. Individual users are usually distinguished by their IP number, but this may not be accurate as a single IP number may identify multiple users, and a single user may have a dynamic IP address. Also called unique user, or unique visitor.
- A user that logs onto a network or system without having registered or otherwise established an account. Visitors typically have restricted access and/or privileges. Also called guest.
- noun an Internet user who views a website