- noun an electric force expressed in volts
- noun an electrical force measured in volts
Cars & Driving
- noun an electromotive force, or difference in electrical potential, expressed in volts
- A measurement of electrical potential for a building's circuits.
- The potential difference or electromotive force between two points, such as those in a circuit, expressed in volts, or in multiples of volts, such as kilovolts or millivolts. It has multiple symbols, which are E, e, V, and v. Also called tension (1).