- Abbreviation of VHF omnidirectional range, VHF omnirange, or VHF omnidirectional radio range. A ground-based radio navigation system in which each of its multiple stations transmits VHF signals which provide bearing information relative to the transmitter. Such a transmitter emits beacon signals 360° in azimuth along the horizontal plane, oriented from magnetic north. VOR frequencies are usually assigned between 108 and 118 MHz. There are enhanced systems, such as Doppler VOR. Used extensively by pilots and aircraft. Also called VOR system.
- acronym forvery high frequency omnidirectional radio range
- acronym forvery high frequency omnidirectional range
- acronym forvery high frequency omnirange
- acronym forVHF omnidirectional radio range
- acronym forVHF omnidirectional range
- acronym forVHF omnirange