- noun a network in which the various terminals are far apart and linked by radio or satellite.
- Acronym for Wide-Area Network. A computer network which encompasses a large geographical area, such as a city or country, with some WANs, such as the Internet, covering the globe. A WAN may be a single large network, or consist of multiple LANs, with connections between nodes utilizing dedicated lines, existing telephony networks, satellites, or the like.
- acronym forWide-Area Network
- acronym forWorld Association of Newspapers
- acronym forwide area network.