- An indication, such as a light or a sound, which signals an impending danger or other undesirable condition or state. Unless certain precautions are taken, there may be damage to a component, device, piece of equipment, or system, personnel may be harmed, and/or the surrounding environment may be endangered.
Information & Library Science
- noun spoken or written advice about something bad that may happen
- noun written or spoken information about a danger
- noun an act of warning someone
- noun an official record that a person has been warned about their actions or conduct