- adjective with a lot of moisture
- verb to add moisture to something
- adjective not dry, covered in liquid
- verb to make the bed wet by urinating while asleep
- noun a Conservative politician whose policies are regarded as more liberal than the mainstream of conservative opinion
- adjective (of a woman) sexually aroused. Also expressed as damp.
Origin & History of “wet”
Wet is closely related to water. together with Swedish våat, Danish vaad, Norwegian vaat, Ice-landic votur, and Frisian wiet, wiat, it was formed from the same prehistoric base as produced English water.