- noun a transmission method that combines several channels of data onto a carrier signal and can carry the data over long distances
- operating at, or encompassing a wide range of frequencies.
- Operating at, or encompassing a wider range of frequencies than is ordinarily available.
- communications in which multiple messages or channels are carried simultaneously over the same transmission medium. cable TV, for instance, is broadband, as multiple channels are carried concurrently over a single coaxial cable.
- Communications at a speed of transmission higher than a determined amount. For example, that exceeding 1.544 Mbps.
- Communications at a speeds of transmission within two determined amounts. For example, greater than 64 kilobits per second, but no higher than 1.544 Mbps.