- verb to clean or to dry by using a cloth
- To move smoothly over a surface while maintaining continuous contact, as with wiping contacts. Also called slide.
Information & Library Science
- noun a way of mixing from one image to another in which neither fades, but the incoming image replaces the second in any of a variety of ways, such as ‘opening up’ from the centre or rushing in from the side.
- noun a printing defect where the ink blurs and forms lines at the edge of the type area
- verb to kill or destroy. A racier version of the standard phrase ‘wipe out’.
- verb to snub, ignore or blank (someone). This usage was prevalent in the 1950s.
- verb to be repellent, inferior or worthless. A more recent synonym of suck and blow, in use principally among adolescent speakers.