- A mode of transmission and/or reception of information, such as voice, video, data, or control signals, in which there are no connecting wires. Instead, communication is achieved by means of electromagnetic waves, such as radio frequency waves or infrared waves, or via acoustic waves. There are many examples, including wireless telephones, wireless keyboards, and wireless networks. Also called wireless communications, or wireless telecommunications.
- A device, component, piece of equipment, or system which communicates in a wireless (1) manner.
- adjective using radio signals rather than wires
- noun a radio or a radio set
- noun an obsolete term for a radio