Cars & Driving

  • noun a type of paint fault where the top coat tends to wrinkle to a smaller or greater degree if the outer paint coat dries too rapidly, preventing the underlying coats from drying properly; this also occurs if the paint film is too heavy


  • The distortion in a paint film that appears as ripples and may be deliberately induced as a decorative effector accidentally caused by drying conditions or paint applied too thickly.
  • The rippling or crinkling of the surface of an adhesive, usually not affecting performance.
  • The rippling of an area of veneer, caused by lack of contact with the adhesive.